Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
NOHAB-GM
Zurück zur Rundnasen-Homepage
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 351 mal aufgerufen
 Allgemeines
Gelöschtes Mitglied
15.01.2019 02:58
After a Pittsburgh punt Antworten

LOS ANGELES -- The Cardinals have been this close to the World Series before, and they dont want to blow it this time. Cheap Air Max 90 Uk Online . St. Louis got home runs from Matt Holliday and pinch-hitter Shane Robinson -- the first of the NL championship series -- and beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 4-2 Tuesday night for a 3-1 lead in their best-of-seven playoff. The Cardinals have lost the NLCS both times they owned such a commanding lead, most recently last season when they dropped three in a row to San Francisco, the eventual World Series winner. "Thats something that we thought last year -- up 3-1 and all we have to do is win one more and were there," closer Trevor Rosenthal said. "But that didnt work out, so weve just got to keep the same approach." With a quick turnaround for Game 5 Wednesday afternoon in Los Angeles, the Dodgers will try to forget the loss, and hope the Cardinals remember their recent past failures. "We get into a Game 7, those things (losing a 3-1 lead) will creep into their heads over there," Dodgers infielder Adrian Gonzalez said. "Our goal is definitely to push this to a Game 7." Joe Kelly will start Game 5 for the Cardinals, looking to clinch their 19th pennant. The Dodgers will turn to Zack Greinke, and if he can help deliver a win, theyll call on ace Clayton Kershaw for a potential Game 6 back in St. Louis. "Ive got one of the best pitchers in baseball pitching tomorrow," manager Don Mattingly said. "If we come out here and play well tomorrow and get a win, Ive probably got the best pitcher in baseball pitching the next day." The Dodgers hope star shortstop Hanley Ramirez can again start despite a broken left rib. He left in the middle of the sixth after striking out three times. "It felt worse than yesterday," Ramirez said. "It makes me angry." Cardinals infielder David Freese came out after six innings for defence. He left Mondays game with a cramp in his right calf, but manager Mike Matheny said Freese was fine. In a series starved for offence, the Cardinals scored as many runs as they did in the first three games combined, when the teams totalled nine. Hitless in his previous 22 at-bats at Dodger Stadium, Holliday drove a two-run shot off Ricky Nolasco an estimated 426 feet to left field, capping a three-run third inning that gave the Cardinals a 3-0 lead. "Thats about as good as I can hit one," said Holliday, who was 0 for 13 in the series before connecting. "I wasnt really doubting my swing at all. I felt actually really good with my at-bats. Sometimes in this game you dont always get the results that you want even if you feel like youre having good at-bats, so I just wanted to stay with it," he said. Seeking a second World Series title in three years, St. Louis turned three important double plays and picked off a runner at second base in the seventh. Defensive standout Pete Kozma, inserted at shortstop in the sixth, started a difficult double play and darted in to complete the pickoff. "A great heads-up play by him," Matheny said. "Then it has to be natural instincts and athleticism by (reliever) Carlos Martinez, and I dont know many guys pull that off. He has such athletic moves. Hes quick in everything he does. Then to have the guts to wheel and let it fly like that in a game like we have right now, its off the charts." Second baseman Matt Carpenter also keyed St. Louis sharp work with the gloves, one night after some sloppy play was costly in a 3-0 defeat. Carpenter had an RBI double in the third that scored Descalso, who hit a leadoff single. Carpenter came around on Hollidays homer after there were none in the first three games for the first time in NLCS history. Martinez pitched two scoreless innings to help nail down the win for starter Lance Lynn, who allowed two runs and six hits in 5 1-3 innings. He struck out five and walked three. Trevor Rosenthal got three outs for his second save in the series. After a leadoff single by Andre Ethier in the ninth, Yasiel Puig grounded into a double play. Juan Uribe struck out to end it, leaving the Dodgers on the brink of elimination. Robinsons home run bounced off the top of the wall in left field on a 1-0 pitch from J.P. Howell with one out in the seventh, extending the Cardinals lead to 4-2. "For a little guy, hes got surprising power," Holliday said. "I mean, honestly, hes got some thump." The Dodgers were down 4-2 in the seventh when Nick Punto doubled with one out. Martinez, however, picked off Punto before throwing another pitch and then retired Carl Crawford on an inning-ending groundout. "It was a lonely place to be," Punto said. Trailing 3-2, the Dodgers put the potential tying run on base in the sixth when Puig singled to chase Lynn. Uribe grounded into a double play against Seth Maness to end the inning. Nolasco allowed three runs and three hits in four innings. He struck out four and walked one. "I felt my stuff was good for the most part," he said. "Just that one pitch was the difference in the game." Cheap Air Max 90 Uk . - Mathew Barzal scored 3:47 into overtime as the Seattle Thunderbirds downed the visiting Everett Silvertips 4-3 on Tuesday in Western Hockey League playoff action. Air Max 90 Uk . The 33-year-old Spaniard, who held the lead since the second round, turned in a solid final round that featured six birdies and two bogeys to finish on 22-under 266. The victory is Garcias first this year with his last win coming at the Johor Open, an Asian Tour event in Malaysia last December. http://www.cheapairmax90uk.com/ . -- Brendan Leipsic had two goals and an assist and Nicolas Petan extended his point streak to 11 games as the Portland Winterhawks slipped past the Red Deer Rebels 5-4 on Saturday in Western Hockey League action.BALTIMORE -- A game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens usually features hard hits, flying helmets and a pivotal play in the final minutes. The clash between these AFC North rivals on Thursday night had all that -- and so much more. A coach on the field during a kick return, two touchdowns erased by replay and an inexplicable botched field goal were among the highlights and lowlights in Baltimores 22-20 Thanksgiving victory. Justin Tucker kicked five field goals, and Baltimore snuffed a conversion pass with 1:03 left to avenge last months loss to their division rivals. After Pittsburgh scored on a 1-yard touchdown pass from Ben Roethlisberger to Jerricho Cotchery to make it 22-20, Roethlisbergers 2-point conversion pass slipped through the hands of Emmanuel Sanders, who was screened by Chykie Brown. "Ben gave me a good ball," Sanders said. "It hit my hands, and Ive got to make the play. Its not on him. Its on me." The ensuing onside kick didnt travel the required 10 yards, and that left Baltimore to merely run out the clock to end Pittsburghs three-game winning streak. "Its never over when you play the Steelers, its never over when you play the Ravens. Thats why these games are so great," Baltimore coach John Harbaugh said. The victory provided the Ravens (6-6) with their first winning streak since September and pushed the defending Super Bowl champions ahead of the Steelers (5-7) and four other teams in the race for the final wild-card slot in the AFC. "Were in control of our destiny," Harbaugh said. "I feel like were a really good football team; we need to go out and prove it." It was the fifth straight game between the teams decided by three points or fewer. Pittsburgh appeared to score twice in the closing minutes, but on each occasion the touchdown was overturned by a replay. On the first one, tight end Heath Miller was ruled down inside the 1. On the second, running back LeVeon Bell lost his helmet on a crushing tackle by Jimmy Smith and the ball was ruled dead just short of the goal line. The game was delayed while Bell and Smith lay on the ground. Two plays later, Roethlisberger hit a wide-open Cotchery on fourth down. Tucker connected on kicks of 43, 34, 38, 45 and 48 yards after Joe Flacco threw a first-quarter touchdown pass to Torrey Smith. Flacco went 24 for 35 for 251 yards. "There were so many opportunities for us to go out there and get points and win, just big, and put the game away and we didnt do it," Flacco said. "In the back of your mind youre thinking, Man, this is going to catch up to us." Roethlisberger was 28 for 44 for 257 yards and two TDs. Baltimore didnt get a sack and didnt force a turnover, but played well enouggh to bottle up Roethlisberger and the Steelers for the majority of the game. Cheap Air Max 90 Uk Sale. Down 19-7, the Steelers mounted a 60-yard drive aided by two penalties and got a 1-yard touchdown run by Bell to close to 19-14 with 9:32 to go. It was only the second rushing TD allowed by the Ravens this season. Tucker answered with a field goal, but Roethlisberger mounted a 79-yard drive to set the stage for the hectic finish. The Ravens opened the second half with a 52-yard drive that ended in a field goal for a 13-0 lead. Smith caught two passes on third down to keep the drive alive. Pittsburgh answered with an 80-yard march that began with a 21-yard completion from Roethlisberger to Miller, and included a 43-yard run by Bell to the Baltimore 8. On third down, Sanders got free in the end zone for an 8-yard score -- only the fourth touchdown allowed by the Ravens in six home games. Jacoby Jones took the ensuing kickoff 73 yards to the Pittsburgh 27, setting up a 38-yard field goal that made it 16-7. Jones sprinted down the left side and nearly ran into Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, who stepped out of the way at the last second. "I always watch the returns on the Jumbotron. It provides a better perspective for me," Tomlin said. "I lost my placement as he broke free and saw at the last second how close I was to the field of play." Jones said: "I dont blame other peoples actions. I still should have scored." After a Pittsburgh punt, Flacco escaped pressure to complete a 34-yard pass to Jones, and Tucker put the Ravens up by 12 with 13:59 remaining. That would be Baltimores final score, and it proved to be just enough for a much-needed victory. Baltimore limited the Steelers to 98 yards in taking a 10-0 halftime lead. Baltimore moved 71 yards on its first drive to take a 7-0 lead on a 7-yard touchdown pass to Smith. The play came after Smith hauled in a 54-yard pass from Flacco to the Pittsburgh 1. There were three scuffles after the whistle in the first quarter, but peace was restored before things got out of hand. Pittsburghs third drive ended with a curious, aborted field-goal try. Shaun Suisham was poised to kick a 50-yarder, but his approach began well before the snap and he didnt follow through. Holder Mat McBriar flipped an impromptu lateral to Suisham, who was tackled for a 12-yard loss. "Our timing was really off," Suisham said. The Ravens then took advantage of a 26-yard pass interference call against Ike Taylor to go up 10-0. Notes: The Steelers reported several injuries, including Bell (concussion), DE Brett Keisel (foot), G Kelvin Beachum (knee), OT Mike Adams (ankle), G David DeCastro (foot), OL Fernando Velasco (ankle). ... Baltimores streak of sacks in 22 straight games ended. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
NOHAB-GM
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz